The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
We are focused on design and development of next generation firmware architecture and algorithms to deliver high performance and cost-efficient enterprise Hard Disk Drive (eHDD) products. As part of the globally diverse R&D team, you will be working in an Agile development environment with opportunity to learn and grow in multiple disciplines. We want our firmware engineers to be enthusiastic, creative and adaptive in taking on problems, because they are empowered to think and act like owners.
Innovation has always fueled and nurtured growth at Western Digital. As trusted engineers and innovators, helping solve the world’s biggest challenges energizes us and gives us purpose.
This position is based in Western Digital Tech and Regional Center (M), which is a Center of Excellence located in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. It is currently only open to Malaysian as there is limitation of expatriate hiring in the guideline.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, test, integrate and maintain quality firmware for eHDD using best practices like unit test, CI and Agile methodologies.
- Design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for hardware cores using latest standards C++ and Python.
- Participate in Scrum & Agile processes to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for data storage products.
- Deliver cutting-edge storage products with SAS, SATA, PCIE interfaces.
- Collaborate and design solutions for the challenging yet unique problems across hardware and software platforms, including servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Participate in planning and coordinating significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusions.
- Create design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent required.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge in C/C++, object-oriented programming, Python, data structures, algorithms.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- You have a high degree of problem-solving skills, solutions oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- You are comfortable and enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment.
- You can be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys challenges and celebrates successes.
Desired Skills and/or Experience:
- Work experience in relevant field or embedded firmware experience.
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems and RTOS desired.
- Knowledge of SAS, SATA and PCIE interface.
- Experience in the use of bus analyzers, emulators and other firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Possess data analytics skillset such as machine learning.
- Work experience as a Scrum Master or understanding of Agile practices would be an added advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:26th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm