We are focused on design and development of next generation firmware architecture and algorithms to deliver high performance and cost-efficient enterprise Hard Disk Drive (eHDD) products.
As part of the globally diverse R&D team, you will be working in an Agile development environment with opportunity to learn and grow in multiple disciplines.
We are seeking highly motivated students to join our RAMP Internship Program. These paid internships are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training in addition to robust mentorship. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data.
What is the RAMP Program? The RAMP Program is supplemental to your day-to-day intern responsibilities. In this program, you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization.
Some RAMP Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professional's - Professional development training.
- Executive exposure Networking events with other interns and Western Digital employees.
This position is based in Western Digital Tech and Regional Center (M), which is a Center of Excellence located in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, test, integrate and maintain quality firmware for eHDD using best practices like unit test, CI and Agile methodologies.
- Design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for hardware cores using latest standards C++ and Python.
- Collaborate and design solutions for the challenging yet unique problems across hardware and software platforms, including servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Participate in significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusions.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Current student, pursuing Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in C/C++, object-oriented programming, Python, data structures, algorithms.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- You have high degree of problem-solving skills, solutions oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- You are comfortable and enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment.
- You can be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys challenges and celebrates successes.
Desired Skills and/or Experience:
- Embedded firmware experience.
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems and RTOS desired.
- Knowledge in SAS, SATA and PCIE interface.
- Experience in the use of bus analyzers, emulators and other firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Possess data analytics skillset such as machine learning.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
- Closing Date:26th May 2021, 6:00 pm