The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, test, integrate and maintain quality firmware for eHDD using best practices like unit test, CI and Agile methodologies.
- Design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for hardware cores using latest standards C++ and Python.
- Collaborate and design solutions for the challenging yet unique problems across hardware and software platforms, including servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Participate in significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusion.
- Create design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Current student, pursuing Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in C/C++, object-oriented programming, Python, data structures, algorithms.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- High degree of problem-solving skills, solutions oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable and enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment.
- Can be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys challenges and celebrates successes.
Desired Skills and/or Experience:
- Embedded firmware experience.
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems and RTOS desired.
- Knowledge in SAS, SATA and PCIE interface.
- Experience in the use of bus analyzers, emulators and other firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Possess data analytics skillset such as machine learning.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm