The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, test, integrate and maintain quality firmware for eHDD using best practices like unit test, CI and Agile methodologies.
- Design and implementation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, and drivers for hardware cores using latest standards C++ and Python.
- Participate in Scrum & Agile processes to bring up new hardware and develop embedded firmware for data storage products.
- Deliver cutting-edge storage products with SAS, SATA, PCIE interfaces.
- Collaborate and design solutions for the challenging yet unique problems across hardware and software platforms, including servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Participate in planning and coordinating significant technical investigations from problem statement to conclusions.
- Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent required.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge in C/C++, object-oriented programming, Python, data structures, algorithms.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks to deliver deadlines and commitments.
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems and RTOS desired.
- Knowledge in SAS, SATA and PCIE interface.
- Experience in the use of bus analyzers, emulators and other firmware debugging tools is a plus.
- Possess data analytics skillset such as machine learning.
- You have high degree of problem-solving skills, solutions oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- You are comfortable and enjoy working in a dynamic and ever evolving environment.
- You can be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys challenges and celebrates successes.
- Embedded firmware experience.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering
- Closing Date:5th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm