The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital - At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
What You Will Do
- Mechanical Assembly process and integration development for all new NPI programs.
- SSD mechanical design which involves jigs and fixtures design, reverse engineering & mechanical drawings for entire SSD assembly process.
- Factory light-off automation in term of machine design & product design.
- Design review package (such as Tolerance, and Analysis, DFMEA, etc.) for any tooling / fixture designs triggered during Product Development Phase and Sustaining Phase for SSD products.
- Product qualification package (such as product specification, packaging, mechanical drawing, etc.) for each qualifies product during Development phase.
- DOE & Failure Analysis knowledge.
- ECN/PCN projects by ensuring proper qualification / test plan for products / parts, which involve engineering change such as EOL, material change, supplier change or re-tooling.
- Supplier DFM assessment and risk management.
- Overall manufacturing process knowledge especially factory tooling control for operation friendly.
- Special engineering characterization, improvement & cost reduction projects.
- Factory emergency taskforce support.
- Quality Tools - FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, etc.
- Statistical and Analysis Tools - Statistical analysis (JMP/Minitab), GreenBelt certification, Stack-up Tolerance Analysis, etc.
- Special engineering characterization & improvement projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
PTDI team embodies a high-performance culture, marked by highly analytical, attention-to-details, hyper-productive, highly hands-on individuals. They work together to solve difficult problems. They are innovative. They possess the elusive “complete ownership” characteristic and have strong engineering pride, always willing to go above and beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines. Academic studies must be in the applicable field of engineering/science and demonstrate an academic record of excellence.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated track record to rapidly analyze and solve complex engineering issues in a creative manner by a clear understanding of the point of diminishing returns.
- Demonstrated track record to summarize complex design/data sets for technical and non-technical audiences, elegant in DOE design and execution.
- Demonstrated track record working hands-on around technical equipment and processes (including metrology and failure analysis techniques).
- Understanding common mechanical commodity used in semiconductor industry such as metal, plastic, rubber & adhesive.
- Understanding the making process / tooling construction of the mechanical commodity, which is not limited to CNC milling, stamping, bending, injection molding, die casting and extrusion.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work well with people; have strong inter-cultural intuition.
- Proficient in Solidwork CAD software. Knowledge with Solidwork Flow Simulation will be an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Science
- Closing Date:16th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm