New Graduates at VMware
At VMware, you’ll be inspired. You’ll be challenged. You’ll discover your path. And you’ll join a culture of possibility, one with the network and opportunities to amplify your talents. Work with our team and make a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
What you will do
Insights to your role - Associate Solution Consultant
In short, it is the person who has the responsibility of working with our clients/customers, to understand their business imperative and technical requirements, and then to build out innovative and differentiated solutions and architecture that will help these organizations drive business outcomes.
What does the job actually do?
In simple terms, the role of an associate solution consultant is to understand the business issues and needs of our customers, and the capabilities that VMware have, and facilitate a meeting of the two. You will initially work in partnership with an Account Executive who will handle the commercial and legal requirements, whilst you focus on becoming a trusted advisor with our key customers to earn their trust and deliver amazing results.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related degree.
- The ability to work with clients/customers to uncover their core business drivers and determine how technology and digital transformation can meet these requirements (Solution Design).
- The ability to think outside the box or even ignore the box altogether, to come up with innovate solutions and outcomes.
- You will need to be comfortable in communicating well and in telling the stories and evangelizing.
- Hungry to learn.
To be successful what other skills would you have? In addition to the above there are some skills and abilities that would really help you be successful. These are:
- Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies, application development platform and Kubernetes.
- An interest in some experience, either through school project or individual interest, in areas such as mobile application development, IoT and cloud computing.
- Find out more.
Things like our developer platforms on Kubernetes (in fact 2 of the three founders of Kubernetes now work for VMware!), capabilities like our digital workspace which is transforming organizations employee experience for some of the biggest companies in the world, or our more cutting edge cloud management and virtual networking capabilities which is bringing the cloud into everyone’s private data centre. You may also be surprised to learn that we are one of Amazon Web Services (AWS) biggest partners and are key development partners with the likes of Microsoft, Google and SAP. We work with over 4,000 other VMware Cloud partners from the very big to the boutique.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Engineering...
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm