A career at TI is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a tangible difference in the technology industry while honing your current skills and developing new ones.
But TI employees across the board seem to agree on one thing—our people are at the heart of our success.
Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
Environmental, Safety, and Health (ESH) Specialist interns will receive significant projects related to their Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Ergonomics studies that are challenging and beneficial to the ESH organization.
Environmental Specialist interns may work issues related to storm water, wastewater treatment, air quality (including greenhouse gases), waste management, resource conservation, and contamination remediation (including groundwater). Most projects will include working under and in compliance with environmental regulations.
Safety Specialist interns can work on several different projects with different safety aspects related to the development, testing, and production of semiconductors, including chemical, electrical, and construction safety. Projects would include assessing potential safety risks and developing a plan or solution to mitigate the risk.
Industrial Hygiene Specialist interns will often have projects related to assessing the impact that a particular job function or work environment could have on the health and wellbeing of an employee. Most projects would include assessing potential physical or chemical exposure risks and methods to mitigate those exposures.
Ergonomics Specialist interns work on projects that are related to ergonomics risks in the work environment at TI. Those projects can range from assessing risks in a normal office environment to very complex ergonomics risks that are unique to the semiconductor manufacturing process.
What You Will Do
Intern projects often include the following responsibilities:
- Collection and analysis of data to assess potential risks to human health and the environment.
- Working with TI manufacturing or facilities personnel to understand the various manufacturing processes and the hazards associated with the process.
- Using data collection and monitoring equipment in the field including, dosimeters, samplers, data loggers, field chemical testing kits, etc.
- Responsibility for the design and analysis of a risk mitigation solution including equipment and testing.
- Conducting feasibility studies.
- Review of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Reviewing and estimating costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Research and develop unique and innovative solutions to mitigate ESH risks that are required while working within the unique operating requirements at TI.
Put your talent to work with us as an Environmental Safety and Health Specialist Intern – change the world, love your job!
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Safety, or Ergonomics.
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery.
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Environmental, Environment,...
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm