A career at TI is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a tangible difference in the technology industry while honing your current skills and developing new ones. But TI employees across the board seem to agree on one thing - our people are at the heart of our success.
It’s not all about work. TI offers competitive compensation and benefits to support you and your family. From your first day on the job, you’ll be given access to programs that will help you take control of your health, finances and more while still taking care of the most important people in your life.
Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
Do you want to work for an organization that values your opinion? Do you want to work for an organization where you can play a pivotal role in several different areas?
As a Texas Instruments Equipment Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to work in a vibrant and dynamic team-oriented environment.
TI has a dynamic three-month internship and six-month co-op program for undergraduate and graduate students looking for exciting careers with accounting, finance, industrial engineering, operations and supply chain degrees. Our interns go right to work! You will be a contributor, not a trainee, as you become familiar with the company’s business systems and methods of operations.
As a Texas Instruments’ Business Operations Intern, you will apply the skills gained through your college experiences while also gaining valuable business, technical and life skills. Intern opportunities are available across the spectrum of business and operations functions including accounting, finance, pricing, supply chain.
Your internship projects may be in one or more of these areas:
- Accounting - Analyzing business cost trends; updating semiconductor pricing for internal transfers; understanding research and development (R&D) expenses and trends and comparing them to forecasts/estimates; and performing monthly journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Finance - Developing projections for profit and loss (P&L) and balance sheet items; supporting various managers with proactive reviews of actual and projected spending; and developing analytical tools and reporting to support different financial and operational areas within the organization.
- Operations - Monitoring product support at key manufacturing sites; performing supply and demand analysis; analyzing supply strategy and factory optimization; and making improvements in reporting through the use of automation.
- Procurement and Logistics - Learning and leading sourcing activities including qualifying bidders, conducting bid discussions, analyzing bid results, and awarding opportunities to key suppliers through the use of standardized process tools. Identifying, defining processes for, and deploying new systems capabilities to WPL logistics and procurement team members.
- Pricing - Executing pricing and developing quoting strategies for assigned areas of responsibility which enable sales to achieve revenue and share growth while maximizing TI profit.
We offer two co-op terms. The first term is January through June, and our second term is July through December.
We also offer summer internship opportunities, May to August.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics / Management Information Systems or related business field.
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to provide closed-loop communication to internal business partners, suppliers, and management.
- Capable of managing complex situations and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Good customer focus and team negotiation skills are needed.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Data Science...
- Closing Date:15th Mar 2022, 6:00 pm