We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The STAR Programme is designed to nurture and prepare our local fresh talent for a rewarding career within the Bank. To be part of the programme, the individual will be someone with a drive for excellence, , self-starter, ambitious, strong entrepreneurial spirit and a strong sense of ethics and most importantly have a strong inclination towards building up their career in banking and financial institutions.
Over a period of 9 months, the individual will undergo an accelerated induction experience to fast-track your career in the banking industry. This is where he will learn and appreciate different aspects of the business, intensive classroom training, rotations in three core functions i.e. front, middle and back office within our business segments.
What You Will Do
- Understanding the Bank’s strategy and the different products it offers.
- Gain knowledge in front, middle and back office particularly Relationship Management, Risk, Compliance and Operations.
- Build knowledge through classroom training sessions.
- Enjoy the on-the job training opportunities.
- Work on the assigned real life project and share the outcome with the Management.
- Learn from assigned mentors and buddies.
- Identify your strengths, development areas during the programme and take into account constructive feedback from various Management teams.
- Participate and drive the sustainability programme.
- Accurately completes established protocols and adheres to schedules.
- Manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Set and demonstrate high ethical standards and hold yourself and others accountable for conduct.
- Seek direction, respond positively and readily adapt to a change in the work environment.
- Function effectively in uncertain or stressful situations.
- Balance and prioritize competing needs and demonstrate flexibility.
- Communication - Communicate in a clear and effective manner, using appropriate technology when applicable.
- Listen and understand - Listen actively and respond effectively.
- Treats others with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates a welcoming attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs, concerns and opinions of others.
- Develop a broad and diverse network to exchange ideas.
- Participate actively and contribute personal knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Set appropriate personal and professional standards for self.
- Project a positive image at all time.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Malaysian with strong fluency in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Masters Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Bachelor degree & above with min CGPA 3.2 or second class upper and minimum 2 years working experience.
- Strong interest and inclination towards building a career in banking.
- Strong problem solving, analytical & numerical capabilities.
- Outgoing personality, with high potential of learning agility and leadership.
- Ability to work in the international environment and anticipation of working under matrix reporting.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:29th May 2020, 6:00 pm