Our clients are at the heart of what we do, and we aim to serve them through our global capabilities and local knowledge. Our core focus is on sustainability in three key areas:
- Economic growth in the markets we operate.
- Being a responsible company, with strong processes throughout our organization.
- Investing in communities and supporting eco systems.
All our people and processes embody our valued behaviors - Do the right thing, Better together and Never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
About Standard Chartered Technology & Our Value Proposition:
The future of banking is changing fast with massive technology-led changes in several industries and Standard Chartered is accelerating transformation to become a digital bank with human touch. As the Bank transforms to seek newer opportunities, our technology strategy, architecture and foundation services must be ready to support this journey of transformation.
We are looking for highly talented and ambitious individuals to join us as we embark on this journey of innovation, collaboration and co-creation. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization.
This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
What You Will Do
As part of the Technology team, you will be a:
- Developer involved in creating and designing cutting edge tools and applications that will redefine the future of banking.
- Work in a truly Agile environment, as part of scrum teams that are striving to solve customer challenges.
- Play a critical role in client journeys that help us make faster decisions to enhance the end-to-end client experience and achieve outcomes that are most valuable to our clients.
- Be a part of a tribe of competence.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build & deliver software using standard framework and design patterns.
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method.
- Develop secure software components that can be reused for building multi-grained services.
- Adhere to governance and standards and ensure alignment with framework patterns.
- Develop and maintain automated testing.
- Manage work on tools/modules deliverables from concept to completion as per project timelines.
- Brainstorm and suggest design solutions based on user/product requirements.
- Contribute towards an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Interact and direct WM CMPS delivery teams on cloud-related initiatives and use of microservices/API.
- Develop technical/interface documents based on defined functional design/specifications for modules impacted by enhancements/change request.
- Reviews, analyses and understands business and technical requirements well and work together with vendor to provide functional and technical solutions.
- Coordinate integration activities with upstream and downstream systems.
- Understands and works with SCB Project Governance processes and tools, demonstrated by zero non-compliance issues.
- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions - in-depth understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to being successful in this role.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make strategic design, new features and functionality.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations.
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to think out-of-the-box, fostering innovation and automation.
- Analyse business problems and help to arrive at technically advanced solutions.
- Proven ability that establishes a strong team-player approach to problem solving.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, OOPs concepts and frameworks.
- Curious learner, willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
- Empowered mindset with ability to ask questions and seek clarifications.
- Excellent communication skills that enable seamless interactions with colleagues globally.
- Strong technical skills, with exposure to coding in any next-gen tech.
- Awareness of Agile methodologies.
- Awareness and working knowledge of wider technology landscape like IoT, DL, Block Chain.
Good technical skills, with exposure to:
- An object-oriented programming, preferably Java, Unix, Oracle.
- Awareness of cloud technologies – AWS and Azure.
- Operating Systems – Linux and Windows.
- Unix Shell Scripting Knowledge preferrable.
- Database – Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Middleware – Spring boot.
- Source Control – GitHub.
- Devops Tools – Jenkins.
- AI/NLP/Machine Learning algorithms.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Malaysian Citizen.
- Educational Qualification - Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Fresher – no prior full-time work experience.
- Graduation CGPA - 3 and above.
- No incomplete semester papers.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:1st Jul 2022, 6:00 pm