Seagate is an innovative company that delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s applications. Through technology, leadership and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
Our culture is focused on our Corporate Values --People, Customer Success, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Openness, Social Responsibility, and Sustained Profitability.
Join a worldwide team of talented, collaborative, innovative people who thrive in a work environment where people can share knowledge and learn from one another. You won’t find a more exciting place to build your career and challenge yourself. Accept the challenge and Go where innovation leads
The Data Analytics and Reporting team is a global team with resources in the US, Asia and Northern Ireland. The team is engaged in developing and maintaining factory control systems leveraging Artificial Intelligence in areas such as image processing, automated data monitoring, recommendation and automated decision making. Web-based applications are required to report on the outcomes of such control systems and integrate with these and other factory information systems. The software development function within the team is responsible for delivering these capabilities.
What You Will Do
- Build web interfaces and back end services that integrate with factory data and control systems.
- Maintain and develop Oracle PL/SQL procedures and Packages.
- Implementation/testing of applications and support of software processes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Familiar and well versed in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Development, or a related discipline.
- Flexible and adaptive in learning new technologies and languages.
- Passionate about big data, statistics, data management, data processing, data testing, data governance or analysis.
- SQL, Web technologies, Java, .Net, Hadoop, Python or R/Shiny.
- Knowledge in machine learning algorithms such as multi-class classifications, decision trees and deep learning.
- Ability to communicate and work cross-functionality.
- Background in data science, applied mathematics, or otherwise research-based field.
- Experience with microservices architecture, Docker, and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Systems
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm