The choice between docking and sailing ahead is very much dependent on one’s ability to want and desire progress…
For those who aspire to grow and progress…
A career journey like no other awaits you at RHB Banking Group!
Together we progress:
A mantra for our clients, customers, partners and every member of the RHB family. Yes, you.
Our employees are one of the reasons we are here today. Dynamic, forward-thinking and progressive, there is a reason why we are an award-winning financial institution.
Join us today and be a part of a winning family.
At RHB, we take pride in our people and our teams. Great relationships built on trust, a 'leading it right' environment, challenging assignments and a culture of excellence are the pillars to the dynamic and diversified workplace we call home.
As we grow towards realizing our aspirations, we promise a workplace built on the five pillars – RHB Cares; RHB Leads; RHB Inspires; RHB Progresses; and RHB Rewards.
- Build scalable, high-quality software at high velocity.
- Be part of a strong development scrum team to create user centric features and applications.
What You Will Do
As a Developer:
- Develop modern web, mobile or device applications according to user story and design.
- Learn the best way to code and design a user story collaboratively.
- Re-factor, update, and maintain backend code and processes including web servers, API servers, databases, and interfacing modules for these various components.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use with a focus on modularity and low technical debt.
- Ensure the stability and security of back-end components.
- Optimize applications for high transaction, scalability and robustness.
- Develop software under agile software development methodology and standards.
- Develop prototypes to iteratively demonstrate functionality to customer experience team to resolve spikes.
- Manage code base and concurrent versioning of code.
- Do code review on Pull Requests and merge code if the standards are met.
As a Squad and Chapter Member:
- Work closely with lead developer to ensure design alignment.
- Identify and incorporate any changes required due to platform and technology changes.
- Troubleshoot resolve issues/defects.
- Contribute ideas for new enhanced features or products.
- Take responsibility and own for backend component tasks during sprint to ensure timely deliverables of features.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies.
- Update design reference and learnings on Confluence for sustainable knowledge sharing.
Required Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s Degree - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or relevant engineering domains.
Preferred level of Experience (by years/function/industry):
Essential (Required to start):
- Fresh graduates with passion in software encouraged to apply.
- Loves coding and spending time on personal projects. Polyglot profile is desirable. Willing to go deep into Java.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem–solving skills.
Specific (Expectations to grow):
- Understanding in OOP, design pattern, SOLID & KISS principle thus able to apply this concept into working software/application.
- Experience developing/consuming web Api/web services. (Java, Spring-boot).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such Git and Git Flow.
- Able to demonstrate good quality control vis-à-vis software development (unit test & CICD).
- Gain experience in software development for digital banking.
- Acquire successful involvement in project from development phase to production phase.
- Strong teaming and communications to work with members across teams.
- Strong work ethics and time management skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm