This role resides within the Risk and Controls Group under RBC’s Group Risk Management within U.S. Enterprise Risk. This position will support the effort to build and implement effective & consistent execution of RBC risks and control frameworks, including but not limited to Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) across multiple functional areas, as well as the deployment of control methodologies and control testing, both for the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Program, as well as non-CCAR programs.
The group’s primary goal is to enhance independent 2nd line control oversight and efficiency through the standardization and assurance of comprehensive risk identification, and evaluation of controls identified.
This role includes heavy analysis of processes related to Market Risk, Credit Risk and other functional areas so that identified risk and control gaps and impacted areas leverage information for continuous improvement. This dynamic position provides opportunities for working across RBC, including but not limited to working with LOBs, CCAR, US Data Office, Technology, Finance and Audit and other functions.
What’s in it for You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance-based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of control processes to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance and expectations.
- Ensure a robust internal control framework is deployed across 1st and 2nd line functions.
- Enable value added business process re-engineering through proactive monitoring and testing covering controls, data, and overall policy compliance.
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards.
- Achieve understanding of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Risk Management (Credit, Liquidity, Market, etc.) business processes through review of procedures, process maps, RCSAs, and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the development of test scripts to be used for testing.
- Perform risk-based testing activities that independently evaluate the design and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to CCAR and non-CCAR businesses.
- Create detailed control testing documentation and provide commentary.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Accounting, Finance, or other Business-related field) with minimum 1-2 years' work experience in relevant or complimentary capacities.
- Fresh graduates will be encouraged to apply.
- Control mindset and knowledge of maintaining effective control environments.
- Knowledge of financial services products (commercial loans, CRE, construction loans and residential mortgages, etc.) and business process analysis and design.
- Exposure to control design and effectiveness testing.
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks, proposing solutions and/or exercising sound and balanced judgement.
- Outstanding ability to analyze problems and strong attention to detail.
- Team player - Ability to successfully partner with colleagues across departments and/or divisions.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm