A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As a member of the PwC Malaysia Finance Accounts Payable team, your role is to support the accounts payable processes. This includes verifying and processing payments and producing relevant reports for a number of PwC entities / joint ventures.
This is an internal support role.
What You Will Do
- Execute accounting activities related to supplier invoicing and payment.
- Monitor invoice processing to ensure accurate and timely posting of costs.
- Analyze the accounts payable schedule, including end-of-month closing report.
- Review current accounts payable procedures for efficiency, accuracy and workflow and modify when required.
- Ensure that all accounts payable activities are performed in accordance with company policy, internal control processes, and regulations where relevant.
- Reconcile and review the accounts payable ledger, to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted, and to identify discrepancies and correct them.
- Prepare reports detailing accounts payable status, and other relevant information as required.
- Resolve queries both internally and externally relating to Accounts Payable, including liaising with IT or other support functions as necessary.
- Ensure delivery of services within stipulated timelines.
- Engage and educate clients on SOPs to ensure a positive client experience.
- Assist the team lead with system implementation and/or system and process improvement requirements as and when required.
- Assist the team lead with month-end duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned /ad-hoc tasks to support relevant and related business requirements.
- Collaborate with and support other functions within Finance as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Degree / Diploma in Accounting or related professional qualifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid computer skills and ability to use accounting software and applications, as well as Microsoft Office programs and G Suite.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to work under pressure in an individual or team capacity.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills, and attention to details.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Good knowledge of accounts payable, accounting administration and procedures.
- Good client service orientation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud is an added advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:5th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm