As a Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee) at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will learn and gain hands-on experiences through engagement across different function including Analog/ Digital Hardware Design, Embedded Software Development, Functional Test Development, In-Circuit Test.
As a Design Engineer, you will design products found in a wide range of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Defense / Security / Aerospace, Networking / Communications, and Industrial / Commercial.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team environment and participate in all phases of a product’s lifecycle including early concept development, requirements discovery, design, implementation, test and transitioning to manufacturing.
What You Will Do
Hardware Design Engineer (Analog/Digital):
- Preparing new product concept design that meets customer requirements & expectations, design, process & safety guidelines.
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrate and test the hardware platform.
- Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support the product development team.
Embedded Software Design Engineer:
- Responsible for the architecture and design of software that will control embedded products using ARM processor, Motorola PowerPC and other RISC-based processors ranging from 8-bit to 32-bit.
- Conduct feasibility studies on the design of industrial, automotive or medical products and communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design constraints within the project team.
- Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed software modules.
- Develop final customer and user requirement specifications using UML tools.
Functional Test Development Engineer:
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that deliver test performance to the extent called for by project scope so that internal and external customer expectations are realized.
- Development activities include test specification analysis, software development, and high-level mechanical design.
- Implementation activities include software coding and debug, equipment build support, installation, user training, and start-up support.
In-Circuit Test (ICT) Development Engineer:
- Responsible for the design & development of in-circuit test programs for the Agilent 3070 Board Test System.
- Perform circuit analysis, software development (Agilent 3070 development software, Unix Shell Script, Basic programming) and high-level mechanical and electrical circuit design.
- Conduct and document design for test reviews based on schematic and PCB accessibility analysis to enhance in-circuit test coverage.
- Provide test performance characteristics which include test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeatability, reliability, safety, ergonomics and supportability.
- Responsible for transition of products from design to manufacturing team and coordinate all design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved.
- Provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing team through detailed failure analysis, technical support, alternate component recommendations, documentation revisions, assembly support, obsolescence analysis, and training support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve component supplier issues with manufacturing in a timely manner to minimize production impact.
- Develops engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder's (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Development cycle.
- Innovative and provide mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts using theory, simulations, and mathematical models.
- Able to turn conceptual ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low volume manufacturing processes to customer's requirements.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm