Plexus is proud to be known as a Product Realization Company, with more than 30 years of experience in turning customers' concepts into world-class products through our unique set of value-added Product Realization Solutions. Plexus currently supports a variety of market segments including Networking & Communications, Medical/Life Sciences, Industrial / Commercial, Defense / Security / Aerospace.
Penang Design Center:
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer.
You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
As a Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee) at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will learn and gain hands-on experiences through engagement across different function including Analog/ Digital Hardware Design, PCB Design, Product Engineering, Embedded Software Development, Functional Test Development, In-Circuit Test, DFX and EDA. As a Design Engineer, you will design products found in a wide range of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Defense / Security / Aerospace, Networking / Communications, and Industrial / Commercial.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team environment and participate in all phases of a product’s lifecycle including early concept development, requirements discovery, design, implementation, test and transitioning to manufacturing.
What You Will Do
Hardware Design Engineer (Analog/Digital):
- Preparing new product concept design that meets customer requirements & expectations, design, process & safety guidelines.
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrate and test the hardware platform.
- Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support the product development team.
Embedded Software Design Engineer:
- Responsible for the architecture and design of software that will control embedded products using ARM processor, Motorola PowerPC and other RISC-based processors ranging from 8-bit to 32-bit.
- Conduct feasibility studies on the design of industrial, automotive or medical products and communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design constraints within the project team.
- Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed software modules.
- Develop final customer and user requirement specifications using UML tools.
Functional Test Development Engineer:
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that deliver test performance to the extent called for by project scope so that internal and external customer expectations are realized.
- Development activities include test specification analysis, software development, and high-level mechanical design.
- Implementation activities include software coding and debug, equipment build support, installation, user training, and start-up support.
In-Circuit Test (ICT) Development Engineer:
- Responsible for the design & development of in-circuit test programs for the Agilent 3070 Board Test System.
- Perform circuit analysis, software development (Agilent 3070 development software, Unix Shell Script, Basic programming) and high-level mechanical and electrical circuit design.
- Conduct and document design for test reviews based on schematic and PCB accessibility analysis to enhance in-circuit test coverage.
- Provide test performance characteristics which include test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeatability, reliability, safety, ergonomics and supportability.
- Responsible for transition of products from design to manufacturing team and coordinate all design related issues to ensure product start-up issues are communicated and resolved.
- Provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing team through detailed failure analysis, technical support, alternate component recommendations, documentation revisions, assembly support, obsolescence analysis, and training support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve component supplier issues with manufacturing in a timely manner to minimize production impact.
PCB Design & Design for Excellence (DFx):
- You will be part of the PCB design and DFx team to perform component placement, routing, silk screen edits and DFx analysis with the guidance from a mentor.
- PCB design of complex multilayer, high-speed digital, RF and analog boards with knowledge of board fabrication, assembly and test with the support from a mentor.
- Perform Design for Excellence (DFX) reviews of circuit board assemblies to determine ways in which to improve the design with the goal of reducing material and labor costs, increasing quality and improving long term reliability with the support from a mentor.
- Prepare assembly and fabrication drawings meeting Plexus standards and requirements.
- Generate deliverables using Valor with the support from a mentor.
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers, Design Engineers, PCB fabrication personnel, Plexus manufacturing and test Engineering personnel to ensure a producible product with the support from a mentor.
- Develops engineering/product concepts that are innovative, high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy all stakeholder's (customer, manufacturing, material, etc.) needs and requirements throughout the full Product Development cycle.
- Innovative and provide mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts using theory, simulations, and mathematical models.
- Able to turn conceptual ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low volume manufacturing processes to customer's requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Computer Science is required for this position.
- CGPA at least 3.3 and above.
- Able to work independently and possess excellent communication skills.
- Japanese and/or German speaker is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skill.
- Effective presentation and public speaking.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong circuit analysis and understanding of electronic components is a plus.
- Exposure to embedded software programming languages such as C and C++.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:7th May 2021, 6:00 pm