Plexus is proud to be known as a Product Realization Company, with more than 30 years of experience in turning customers' concepts into world-class products through our unique set of value-added Product Realization Solutions. Plexus currently supports a variety of market segments including Networking & Communications, Medical/Life Sciences, Industrial / Commercial, Defense / Security / Aerospace.
Penang Design Center:
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer.
You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
As a Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee) at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will learn and gain hands-on experiences through engagement across different function including Analog/ Digital Hardware Design, PCB Design, Product Engineering, Embedded Software Development, Functional Test Development, In-Circuit Test, DFX and EDA. As a Design Engineer, you will design products found in a wide range of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Defense / Security / Aerospace, Networking / Communications, and Industrial / Commercial.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team environment and participate in all phases of a product’s lifecycle including early concept development, requirements discovery, design, implementation, test and transitioning to manufacturing.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the architecture and design of software that will control embedded products using ARM processor, Motorola PowerPC and other RISC-based processors ranging from 8-bit to 32-bit.
- Conduct feasibility studies on the design of industrial, automotive or medical products and communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design constraints within the project team.
- Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed software modules.
- Develop final customer and user requirement specifications using UML tools.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or Computer Science is required for this position.
- CGPA at least 3.3 and above.
- Able to work independently and possess excellent communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skill.
- Effective presentation and public speaking.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong circuit analysis and understanding of electronic components is a plus.
- Exposure to embedded software programming languages such as C and C++.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:7th May 2021, 6:00 pm