If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people using leading-edge technologies, best in class development practices and tools – such as Kubernetes, Kanban and CI/CD – to provide support to a microservices architecture strategy via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
Openet is in an exciting phase of developing new products to deliver state of the art cloud native solutions, successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation.
The Product Development team is a team of highly-skilled, driven technologists with a track record of providing technical support to innovative and strategic solutions which have been built on Openet’s Charging, Policy, Data, Digital Business Platform and Forge product set, to enable our customer’s success. We regularly engage with high-profile customer-facing roles and internal stakeholders across the entire business in Openet to ensure that the Clients issue is handled to their satisfaction.
The Impact your Role will Have:
You will join a team that is providing excellent technical support to Openet’s global customers. We are keen to bring into the team a passionate support engineer who finds challenge in solving complex problems, is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization:
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure Openet’s customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. The Global Support Group and this role is key to our ability to deliver and support state of the art cloud native solutions, which enables our customer’s successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
What You Will Do
The role will involve call handling, problem analysis, technical troubleshooting, development of fixes/workarounds, bug tracking, and assistance in the delivery of new product releases to Openet Clients. Graduate Engineers may also from time to time, be required to develop service enhancements to the Clients rulesets. Support engineers may also be required to liaise directly with the customer, visit customer sites, troubleshoot and resolve issues on site.
- Act as primary contact for product problems and queries.
- Track all queries on the Openet Jira Bug Tracking System.
- Problem Diagnosis including debugging to the code level, Problem Resolution (remotely or onsite as required).
- Liaising with Solution Delivery and Product Engineering to identify fixes and workaround for Client issues.
- Providing regular updates to clients on the status of any open issues and managing Client expectations in line with SLAs.
- Communication and follow-up on Technical Issues with other Engineering Groups and Escalation of technical issues within Openet as appropriate.
- Identify and execute process enhancements within the Support group. Update process documentation when required.
Required Skills and Abilities
The ideal person for our team will be somebody who enjoys providing technical support to partners and customers and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more.
- Relationship builder and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Creativity / Adaptability / Flexibility.
- The ability to multitask.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proactive in ensuring resolution of client issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Self-disciplined and Self starter.
- Drive and commitment.
- Is able to take complete responsibility for the relief and resolution of multiple complex customer issues, is able to prioritize and schedule own time around the resolution of these issues.
- Be available to visit customer sites, troubleshoot and resolve issues on site and manage customer expectations.
- Ability to plan, schedule and review own work with little supervision.
- Contributes significantly to the success of the Product Development Team and is able to gain the co-operation of others.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues in the support team and superiors.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm