The National Instruments Hardware Services Team has an immediate opening for an On-site Customer Engineer in Penang. The successful candidate for this position will work with a wide and diverse set of people and resources to assure customer and project support needs are met. The candidate will primarily work on location at customer sites to perform both proactive and reactive resolutions for test station issues. This role is responsible for on-site support and troubleshooting of NI test equipment for large scale deployments.
The position will be located in Penang, Malaysia. This is a support position and is suitable for engineers desiring to advance in the area of solution level customer support. This position requires deep customer engagement, with full understanding of the customer’s specific solution and use environment. On-site Customer Engineers will work within the structure of NI Managed Service Agreements, wherein NI’s service level commits are significantly higher than standard NI business. Typical Managed Service Agreement customers will be manufacturers with whom NI has a very large installed base of advanced solutions.
What you will do
- Hardware Support and Services objective is in support of the Sales and Marketing objective: Meet financial results by region, product, and industry.
- We will efficiently focus on making customers successful with our services, so that we are able to enable product and services sales. Field Services will focus on maintaining the annual project budget and driving utilization within the team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or graduate engineering degree, EE, CompE, or CS preferred
- Either broad technical knowledge of NI product line and platforms, or broad technical knowledge of automated test (ATE) and/or distributed I/O applications
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, identify, and solve application-specific system level problems
- Ability to integrate individual pieces together into a functioning system
- Understanding of technical practices in Test and Measurement instrumentation application
- Demonstrated success in customer support and/or field engineering
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in various circumstances; both in English and Bahasa Melayu
- Personal fit with culture of NI and the Hardware Services Team
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:25th Jan 2019, 6:00 pm