Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing - Using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As the GSC (Global Supply Chain) NPI (New Product Introduction) Planner at Micron Technology, you will be responsible for execute all facets of planning and delivering customer samples as well as coordinating engineering resource requirements.
You will own the processes and coordinate tools and process development that enable Micron to deliver samples on time to customer commits as well as internal engineering needs. You will execute strategies that allow Micron to be an agile supplier that considers demand, quality, yield, and EPT (Expected Process Time) variances.
You will work closely with the backend Manufacturing sites, Business Units, and engineering teams to ensure key process time, equipment, and yield assumptions are understood, and drive the proper equipment resources to deliver engineering and customer product on time.
What You Will Do
Develop and deploy backend NPI processes:
- Develop backend NPI processes that satisfy customer demands by commit date.
- Collaborate with other organizations to drive end to end NPI processes.
- Drive specific business processes to backend manufacturing sites.
- Develop initial metrics.
- Deploy processes to all the stakeholders.
- Identify who is accountable, responsible, consulted, informed (ARCI) for NPI activities.
Deploy NPI commit process to global backend manufacturing sites:
- Train and align backend manufacturing sites to new commit processes and tool functionality.
- Monitor usage and functionality of new processes.
- Provide auditing and governance of commit process.
- Create reporting of metrics.
Provide NPI planning and execution:
- Review capacity constraints.
- Drive OCAP (Operating Capital) changes based on capacity constraints.
- Provide input to other NPI related business processes.
- Monitor, manage, and drive site and engineering execution.
- Communicate priority changes from Business Units and engineering to backend manufacturing sites.
- Facilitate site to site equipment and material moves to support NPI.
- Provide site level build plans.
- Provide forecasted NPI requirements for external subcontractors.
Manage backend NPI processes:
- Develop and manage the backend NPI network through metrics.
- Evaluate and deploy BKMs (Best Known Methods) to drive NPI process improvements.
- Maintain existing documentation.
Collaborate with global stakeholders:
- Facilitate consistent execution on project scope, requirements, deliverables, testing and implementation.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of escalated issues and provide clear problem understanding for resolution.
- Initiate and sustain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent backend NPI in global meetings.
Ensure a Safe, Compliant, and Ethical Work Environment:
- Comply with company safety, labor, and ethics policies.
- Encourage a culture of safety and recognize contributions made to supporting a safe work environment.
- Participate in process improvement activities.
- Identify errors before they get to the next step.
- Provide timely feedback when quality, safety, or ethical issues arise.
- Follow and support company-wide and department safety procedures to maintain a clean, safe, and accident-free work environment.
Develop and deploy NPI software tools for backend manufacturing teams:
- Determine functionality gap and what is needed to fill those gaps.
- Engage IT (Information Technology) to provide requirements for the software tools.
- Perform user acceptance testing on software changes.
- Prioritize IT work.
- Provide training on tool deployment for Micron team members (Product Engineering, Central Teams, Backend Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to influence others using a variety of approaches with or without position power.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and present to small and large groups.
- Decision making skills using data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with peers and leaders.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and tool experience (Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, Tableau etc.).
- Ability to work with global multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Operations Management.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Related field of study.
1-3 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing.
1-3 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Micron planning or/and Backend manufacturing.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain, Management,...
- Closing Date:14th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm