Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing - using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As a DRAM and Emerging Memory Quality and Reliability Assurance (DEMQRA) Returned Material Authorization (RMA) Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for overseeing and tracking the formal Failure Analysis (FA) of customer-returned product. You will summarize analysis at the electrical and physical level, identifying root cause, and establishing an associated containment plan.
In this role you will work with various engineering and manufacturing groups to evaluate and implement corrective actions (CAs) for the identified issues. You will also be required to regularly communicate FA results to customers as well as other Micron engineering and manufacturing teams. Additionally, you will need to sustain knowledge of device capabilities and characteristics along with a basic understanding of the associated manufacturing processes.
What You Will Do
Manage FA of Customer Concerns:
- Understand the customer complaint as it relates to the DRAM component or module.
- When not already provided, initiate contact with customer or customer representative to identify specific failing conditions.
- Oversee and direct initial bench level, system level, and ATE level analysis and interpret results.
- Coordinate detailed component level analysis (electrical (EFA) and physical (PFA)) and interpret results.
Manage Communication of Results with Manufacturing and Engineering Teams:
- Review feedback/Corrective Action (CA) from various manufacturing areas.
- Ask follow-up questions as necessary to provide an adequate customer response.
- Translate results to a customer friendly format.
- Analyze data from various sources for trends and variations.
- Communicate the needed process improvements.
Provide FA Reports to External Customers:
- Summarize the RMA background and FA results.
- Identify the root cause and potential improvements for use in reports.
- Identify and provide containment information associated with risk assessment.
- Generate both interim and final FA reports for customer consumption.
- Provide customer support for ongoing questions/concerns related to the FA report.
Maintain Knowledge of Device Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Understand the latest process technology.
- Recognize differences from previous technology nodes with the associated risks.
- Understand the datasheet specifications for each device.
- Stay up to date on common customer DRAM applications.
- Partner with field support teams to understand ongoing customer status.
Required Skills and Abilities
Education - Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree or equivalent experience (Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering or Physics.
Experience - Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronic principles.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good individual work habits.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to handle occasional high stress situations in a professional manner.
- Willing to work occasional abnormal hours to provide support for overseas customers or technical teams at other Micron sites.
- Basic understanding of computer and other electronic hardware architectures.
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:7th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm