In today’s world, audit is no longer just about compliance. It is about cutting edge and risk based methodologies and knowing what is happening in the outside world. Our Assurance practice helps add value to clients through audit, management assurance, advisory, information risk management, and actuarial services.
Integrity, quality and independence are the building blocks of KPMG’s approach. Fundamental to a risk-based audit approach, we understand the way our clients run their businesses and drive their performances and the way this impacts their financial statements. KPMG’s extensive experience and proprietary tools have enabled us to provide seamless service to clients across industry sectors and geographical boundaries.
What You Will Do
Under this function, our interns will acquire these competencies:
- Understanding of insurance liabilities valuation which includes the assumptions setting, application of methodologies and computation of reserves and local regulatory requirements which mainly cover the following aspects - Valuation basis in accordance with RBC Framework issued by Bank Negara Malaysia, European Embedded Value (EEV), International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), SoX audit which covers financial reporting controls relating to technical reserving process, Solvency II requirements and Insurance Group Directives (IGD).
- Hands-on experience on actuarial fieldwork in the area of audit and advisory.
- Hands-on experience on actuarial analytical work, preparation of technical reports and PowerPoint slides.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates who have completed their first two (2) years’ of Degree course with preferably a CGPA of 3.2 or Second Upper - Actuarial Science.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Active in extracurricular activities, with strong leadership qualities.
- Placements for the period of minimum 12 weeks to 6 months.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2020, 6:00 pm