Apprenticeship - Data & Strategy - Innovation - Actuary
Looking forward to a data-driven career in a dynamic environment? KPMG is now on the lookout for fresh talents to join our Lighthouse Data & Strategy (Innovation) Apprenticeship Program:
“Discover, Analyse, Transform and Accomplish”
Unlike a mundane internship program, our Apprenticeship program is specifically designed to blend hands-on experience with relevant training to enhance your job competency. As part of the Firm’s talent development program, we are committed to investing in data science training for our apprentices to achieve the necessary accreditations.
Your mission is to demonstrate critical thinking, brainstorming, and develop new digital assets and solutions. Our Apprenticeship program comes with a unique feature of one-to-one mentorship where you will be guided by an assigned mentor throughout the program.
Upon completion of the program, you'll stand a chance to be offered a permanent role in KPMG Lighthouse.
If you are passionate about your career path of becoming a data professional, we welcome you to embark the journey with us!
Inspire Confidence - Empower Change - KPMG the Clear Choice.
What You Will Do
This program aims to equip candidates with the necessary skills in numerous areas of work such as low-code apps development, automation processes development and machine learning.
At the end of this program, candidates can expect to have technical and functional capabilities which are essential for the Data & Strategy Specialist role.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Data & Strategy (Innovation) Apprentice are as follows: -
- Research and brainstorm - Keep yourself up to date with the current technology trend and brainstorm with your mentor on what are the possible new assets to explore and develop. Intensive research work is needed to contribute new ideas.
- Digital assets and solutions development - Depending on the projects on hand and what are the tools needed for development, you are expected to always upskill yourself with new technological tools (e.g.: Python, R, Microsoft Power.
- Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and knowledge (e.g.: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Cloud Services, etc.) and assist in the development of digital assets and solutions.
- Other tasks - As a member of the Innovation Team, aside from your main tasks, you are encouraged to equip yourself with different types of skillsets by exploring into other areas of work within Lighthouse such as Data Analytics, Software Development, Intelligent Automation, and Data Engineering.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Availability of 6 months and above.
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus or IT-related, such as Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems/Technologies (IS/IT), Software Engineering, ML Engineering.
- Strong logical and analytical knowledge with good algorithmic and programming skills (e.g.: Python, R).
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, results oriented, teamwork spirit and ability to undertake multiple tasks to meet challenging deadlines.
- Be open and eager to upskill yourself with new technologies.
- Prior experience or knowledge of data science, big data, cloud services or web application development will be an added advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and clear thought process.
- Systematic troubleshooting approach, coupled with strong communication skills.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.
Closing Date – March 31, 2023.
At the heart of KPMG’s vibrant culture is a set of core beliefs, guiding and unifying our actions and behaviors. Our Values are the foundation of everything we do and every action we take.
They are embedded in our Code of Conduct to which we all subscribe.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That is why we’ve prioritized building a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent to reach their full potential.
No matter how many awards KPMG firms win for the quality of their work, or the number of projects they deliver to clients, our people always keep what’s important in mind: inspiring confidence in the market and enabling a positive change in society.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies
- Locations:Petaling Jaya
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.