Looking forward to a data-driven career in a dynamic environment? KPMG is now on the lookout for fresh talents to join our Lighthouse Data & Analytics Apprenticeship Program:
“Discover, Analyze, Transform and Accomplish”
Unlike a mundane internship program, our Apprenticeship program is specifically designed to blend hands-on experience with relevant training to enhance your job competency. As part of the Firm’s talent development program, we are committed to investing in data science training for our apprentices to achieve the necessary accreditations.
Your mission is to analyze large data sets and transform them into meaningful insights to identify current trends, cycles and anomalies. Our Apprenticeship program comes with a unique feature of one-to-one mentorship where you will be guided by an assigned mentor throughout the program.
Upon completion of the program, you'll stand a chance to be offered a permanent role in KPMG Lighthouse.
If you are passionate about your career path of becoming a data professional, we welcome you to embark the journey with us!
Inspire Confidence - Empower Change - KPMG the Clear Choice.
What You Will Do
This program aims to equip candidates with the necessary skills in the data and analytics space.
At the end of this program, candidates can expect to have technical and functional capabilities which are essential for Data Analyst role.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Data Analyst Apprentice are as follows: -
- Data Processing - Extract raw data from different sources (e.g., Excel, CSV, PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, ERP system, etc.) and proceed with data cleansing/sanitization.
- Data Warehousing - Consolidate/aggregate processed data and store it in data mart following specific data requirements.
- Data Visualization - Build interactive dashboard using Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, QlikSense) to convert business insight into effective decision making.
- Data Analysis - Apply data modelling with analytical software (e.g., R, Python) to derive statistical and data-driven insights for different market segments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Availability of 6 months and above.
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus: Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems/Technologies (IS/IT), or Business and Commerce with D&A background.
- Good knowledge of implementation of business data solutions (e.g., ETL, data modelling, data visualization, and data analysis).
- Systematic troubleshooting approach, coupled with strong communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, results oriented, teamwork spirit and ability to undertake multiple tasks to meet challenging deadlines.
- Prior experience or project knowledge of data analytics or big data projects will be an added advantage.
- Comfortable to work with large and complex dataset.
- Basic knowledge of Office 365 such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.
Closing Date – March 31, 2023.
At the heart of KPMG’s vibrant culture is a set of core beliefs, guiding and unifying our actions and behaviors. Our Values are the foundation of everything we do and every action we take.
They are embedded in our Code of Conduct to which we all subscribe.
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That is why we’ve prioritized building a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent to reach their full potential.
No matter how many awards KPMG firms win for the quality of their work, or the number of projects they deliver to clients, our people always keep what’s important in mind: inspiring confidence in the market and enabling a positive change in society.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Data Science and Analytics
- Locations:Petaling Jaya
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 6:00 pm