Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Our Supply Chain Management Trainee Program provides a unique opportunity to be part of this mission while building an outstanding career foundation in the Supply Chain space.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Description of a Supply Chain Management Program:
The Individual will be exposed to End-to-end supply chain and plant function as we groom them to be future leader in the organization. Ideal candidate should have excellent people connect, quick learner, technically sound, attention to detail and be able to promptly identify & solve problem, great leadership, and interpersonal skills.
The program is an 18-month rotational program designed to develop exceptional, highly motivated early in career talent in their journey as outstanding Supply Chain professionals and become future leaders in the organization:
- Exposure to end-to-end supply chain and plan function.
- Relationships spanning our global businesses, community and executive leadership.
What You Will Do
Project Portfolio Management (PPM):
- Lead project feasibility study.
- Lead/core team member during deployment of projects.
Drive Plant Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) Initiatives:
- Drive the lean mindset and culture in the plant through CIP trend analysis and improved visibility on CIP initiatives onsite.
- Detailed project tracking through monthly follow ups with key project leaders.
- Ensure team dynamics for the CIP program is in the right direction for development and sustainability.
- Keep abreast with the regional direction and ensure alignment between the site and regionals implementation.
Innovation / SPIGIT:
- Drive site innovation through leveraging best case or proven practices from J&J Affiliates and Originating Company which can be adopted in J&J Malaysia.
- Lead initiatives to promote innovation or innovative ideas from J&J Malaysia employees to implement for the site.
Manufacturing Site Performance KPI Monitoring:
- Highlighting key issues for analysis/discussion.
- Ensure On-time and accurate Key Performance Indicator updates.
Management Trainee Rotation Assignment:
- On-time completion of assigned projects.
- Plant Leadership Team presentation for every rotation.
Required Skills and Abilities
Characteristics of Preferred Candidates:
- Excellent learning agility – ability to digest information quickly, make connections across different and identify key questions / areas to explore.
- Highly collaborative – can deliver strong results in close partnership with colleagues, leaders and external stakeholders across work areas, functions and geographies.
- Demonstrated early leadership aptitude, including the ability to communicate effectively with, engage and influence others (in person and virtually).
- Ability to build very strong stakeholder relationships, including balancing the needs and perspectives of multiple, diverse stakeholders across a global matrix organization.
- Sophisticated critical and strategic thinking skills.
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and a sound sense of urgency.
- Matriculated student completing a Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Engineering or related.
- Demonstrated interest in developing a career in Supply Chain.
- Previous Supply Chain or manufacturing internship experience is ideal but not required.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Closing Date:11th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm