In the role of a Data Science intern, you will collaborate with our Data Engineers on advanced statistical modeling. Hilti has a tremendous wealth of external and internal data. We are using it to bring our customer relationship to another level as well as to develop advanced tools and services based on tool data. The Data Science team is highly technical and at the same time at the core of Hilti’s digital business.
What do we offer:
We’ll give you the tools you need to excel in your internship, including one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own project while being part of a friendly team.
You’ll not just be another pair of hands but a fully integrated team member with lots of self-responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with strategic development discussions and career opportunities.
Why should you apply:
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a fully recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. 80% of the top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
What does the role involve:
As a Data Science intern, you will be involved in the discovery processes to identify the business requirements and business opportunities. To do so, you design experiments, test hypotheses, and develop and program models. Your internship will contain a big amount of coding and programming.
We work mostly with Python and you will be embedded in a team of experienced programmers, benefitting from pair programming, version control systems, and a fully established CI/CD chain. You work in agile, iterative processes, conduct advanced data analysis, and implement complex statistical algorithms.
In close cooperation with our experienced business analysts you model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which affect critical decisions and business processes. You identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, and structured and unstructured data, leveraging new data collection processes such as smart meters and connected tool information.
You collaborate with global subject matter experts to select the most relevant sources of information. You will prepare in your internship strategic recommendations on data collection, integration, and retention requirements.
You communicate and present the rationale of your findings in easy-to-understand terms to your business stakeholders. You instruct the organization both from an IT as well as business perspective on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Based on this, you help the organization to understand and adopt the principles of Data Science and mathematics in order to develop organizational buy-in.
Required Skills and Abilities.
- You are ideally studying Data Science or a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or related fields.
- You have a passion for mathematics and deep knowledge of statistical techniques and experience using machine learning algorithms.
- You have knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- You have experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS), strong programming skills in Python, and experience in data engineering using SQL.
- You bring basic skills in software engineering (software architecture, version control systems, continuous integration software).
- Strong communication skills, with excellent English and interpersonal skills to manage change.
- A strategic approach and good problem-solving skills.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:7th Oct 2022, 6:00 pm