Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing app in Southeast Asia - We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and logistics across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and charities, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012 but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch) and last mile delivery (GrabExpress). We are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam; however, we also have R&D offices in Seattle & Beijing.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
What You Will Do
- Learn how Grab works and pitch new ideas on how to do things better with the use of data.
- Understand and document the full lifecycle of data from numerous sources and how to model it for easy analysis.
- Support the team in writing code to collect and turn raw data into valuable insights.
- Build reports and dashboards to help teams identify opportunities and explain trends across data sources.
- Build a machine and tune learning modules using Python.
Robotics Process Automation:
- Build scripts and bots to automate processes and tasks.
- Help the team to deploy, maintain, debug and enhance automation scripts and bots.
- Support the team in building competitive insights and analysis.
- Support the team in optimizing the use of in-app features and assets to shape user journeys.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Degree/Master's in Computer Science, Software Engineering/Data Science/Mathematics/Economics.
- Experience with one or more coding and/or scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL).
- Basic understanding of database.
- Basic Microsoft-Office/Google suite knowledge (especially in Excel/GSheet.
- Come across as a fun, easy-going, vibrant and creative.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be eligible to work in Malaysia.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm