Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Preferred Period of Internship Required: June 2021 - December 2021 (Preferably 4 – 6 months).
Preferred School/Course of Intern: Open to all disciplines, preferably Logistics / Supply Chain.
We are looking for an intern who would like to gain an understanding of the complexities of supplying a range of pharmaceutical products to patients, gain an all-round view of supply chain management within a large, global pharmaceutical company.
What You Will Do
You will be required to:
- Track inbound shipments and to ensure all shipping documents has been received and are accurate.
- Log complain reports when there are discrepancies found with forwarder.
- Capture and update for tax invoices received into their respective Spent report for analysis.
- Log inbound shipment discrepancies into iCargo. e.g., Shipment arrives with temperature excursion or damaged.
- Update KPI, Trade Return Analysis and Sales vs Return monthly.
- Prepare monthly reports for CS&L dept.
- Work closely with CS&L team and perform administrative support for the team when required, e.g., annual stock count coordination, validation of billing documents, daily credit note receives from 3PL to us and vice versa, communicate with cross department when required.
You will be able to:
- Have an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of the complexities of supplying a range of pharmaceutical products to patients. You will gain an all-round view of supply chain management within a large, global pharmaceutical company.
- From this internship, you will gain real-life awareness and understanding of the multiple functions and the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain to deliver optimum value to the business and the customer.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for someone with the following:
Business Skills and Competencies:
- Educational background – preferably studying Supply Chain and Logistics but open to other fields as well provided candidate is willing to explore in supply chain management.
- Proficient in use of IT and software/systems, ideally document management and database systems.
Behavioral Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Deadline-driven, flexible with self-reliance to work in an empowered environment.
- Proactive attitude to process improvement.
- Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams, and focus on delivering assigned work.
- Strong drive for performance and attention to details.
- Good analytical skills.
- Able to multitask.
- Work across boundaries.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Job type:Internships
Customer Service, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 6:00 pm