This role is for an intern support within all functions of the Sourcing department - project procurement, procurement tendering, procurement and supplier quality.This role would provide the candidate an overview of project management, procurement tendering, procurement and supplier quality training experience. There is a requirement for 2 interns for the second half of 2018.
What you will do
- Support Project Procurement reporting for Engineering Procurement Plan, Monthly Progress Reports, RFQ issuance/status progress reports.
- Support sourcing function team in co-ordinating communication with Project core team members (Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Project Management Team) that may be located globally.
- Update purchasing data of project from different Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – E.g SAP & Oracle systems to consolidate in a single report• Support preparation and update financial data of project for project reviews.
- Support to update and monitor On time delivery reports.
- Update supplier witness points/quality inspection progress by client.
- Preparation of Procurement Monthly Purchasing Report / per project.
- Consolidation of Quarterly Cost Saving Report.
- Completing/Updating sourcing database for Asia Region.
- Updating Purchase Requisition register and closing overdue Purchase Orders – request of final invoice and return of bond.
- Monthly Review of Purchase Order compliance against Purchase Order Release Tools Database.
- Support Document Handling, such as End of Manufacturing Report/Quality Verification Documents.
- Inspection co-ordination.
- Maintenance of sourcing electronics documents storage/tool.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working towards a Bachelors or Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical).
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong in leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in engineering, software, IT or relevant area.
- Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges status quo.
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:28th May 2018, 6:00 pm