We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace - Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated consulting, assurance, tax, and strategy, transaction services.
Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g. reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modelling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY Consulting has exciting opportunities for highly motivated graduates to join our Actuarial Consulting team. You’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with experienced mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects.
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you.
What You Will Do
As an Associate in the Actuarial Consulting team, you’ll be working as part of a project team to deliver a wide range of client engagements. This includes:
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 17).
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) and due diligence.
- Advanced financial modelling approaches and systems e.g., designing valuation and Asset Liability Management frameworks.
- Valuation, pricing and product development.
- Performance evaluation in areas related to financial risks, product distribution and capital issues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in Actuarial or other related fields.
- Qualification or near qualification with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) or the Society of Actuaries (US).
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate.
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees are encouraged to apply.
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Strong drive to excel professionally.
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities.
- Past relevant trainee/internship experiences.
What We Look For:
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:17th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm