At EY, we want you to be yourself. We want you to bring your intelligence, energy and integrity into our business. Think how much further you’ll go surrounded by people who will encourage you to express your ideas and who will value your opinions.
Starting a career with EY is your opportunity to receive early responsibility, support and training as you set out to achieve your career ambitions. You will receive exposure to some of our largest clients and projects, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, both locally and globally. You’ll also receive guidance on how to help them manage risks, address issues and capitalize on opportunities.
Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) is part of our Assurance group which is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of business-critical information or processes.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
What You Will Do
As a CCaSS Associate, you will be a member of a multidisciplinary team combining Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory experience to help clients understand and manage their climate change issues related to new regulatory requirements, rising stakeholder concerns and opportunities for cost reduction and revenue generation.
You will assist clients to identify, measure, and manage their business and reporting risks as they transit their organizations in respond to changing government environmental regulations and new trends in sustainability management and reporting.
You enjoy actively contributing to the growth and development of the CCaSS practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery. Other key responsibilities include:
- Communicating EY’s scope of services and providing guidance in the delivery of Climate Change & Sustainability Services, with an emphasis on complex and/or specialized issues within Assurance and/or technical sustainability reporting and advisory capacities.
- Partnering with clients to identify and diagnose their needs and the ability to cross-sell services, and assist in delivery of high-level technical reports and proposals.
- Assist with complex technical issues in technical discipline area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice in area of technical discipline.
Required Skills and Abilities
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in Accounting, Finance, Sustainability or a related field.
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate.
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Strong interest in sustainability related areas or topics.
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally.
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities.
What We Look For:
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2020, 6:00 pm