At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Starting a career with EY is your opportunity to receive early responsibility, support and training as you set out to achieve your career ambitions. You will receive exposure to some of our largest clients and projects, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, both locally and globally. You’ll also receive guidance on how to help them manage risks, address issues and capitalize on opportunities.
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sounds interesting? Wel, this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
What We Offer:
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning - You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you - We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership - We’ll give you insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture - You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What You Will Do
As an Audit Assistant, you will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which Ernst & Young is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the audit client’s business.
- Interact with the clients in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned audit approach.
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills and attributes for success:
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally.
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate.
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Past relevant trainee/internship experiences.
What We Look For:
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential.
If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:29th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm