What You Will Do
There will be three main components to this Internship Program:
- Training - Various training sessions, inclusive of business skills training and Expedia-specific trainings.
- Project - The project will be assigned within the first 2 weeks of the internship. Interns will be asked to complete the assignment and make a presentation during the last few weeks of the program.
- Understanding Daily Tasks - Learn, understand, and experience first-handedly the daily tasks of Expedia Lodging Partner Services, Market Management.
This role is the foundation of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s unique breath of global traveler demand.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree - Major in Tourism or Hospitality a plus but not required.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Eligibility to work in Malaysia.
- Preference will be given to penultimate year students.
- High impact personality - intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player.
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven.
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details.
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations.
- Ability to multitask effectively - must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat.
- Sincere relationship builder - earns the confidence of others.
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style.
- Demonstrate ability to work based on a variety of KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making.
- Proficiency in English - other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position.
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively - actively listens when spoken/presented to.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels.
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, ensuring the whole team wins.
- Job Type:Internships
Hospitality Sports and Tourism
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:17th July 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.