ERM is seeking a self-motivated Technical, Safety & Risk Consultant to join our Malaysia office.
In this role, you will work closely with Leaders and Principal Consultants on risk management projects involving risk analysis, modeling, calculations, and other studies.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging safety and risk projects for large global clients. Access to ERM's national risk management experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
ERM has been assisting a wide range of clients to address environmental, health, risk and safety concerns in Malaysia since the mid 1980s and opened its first office in Kuala Lumpur in 1996. ERM’s branch office in Brunei is also managed by ERM Malaysia.
We have a multi-disciplinary team of over 50 staff, strategically located to provide local and international businesses in the region with balanced solutions for managing EHS liabilities.
Our Malaysia and Brunei based consultants have particular strengths working for the oil and gas sector, having successfully delivered a wide range of projects to key oil and gas majors investing in the Asia Pacific region. The multi-lingual, dynamic team constantly seeks to adapt and innovate to ensure success in a growing and competitive market.
The team has broader experience in serving other industries such as Power, Petrochemicals, Electronics, Manufacturing, Technology, Media and Telecommunications. To complement our core EHS and Technical Risk Services, we are experiencing strong growth in our Sustainability Services, Safety Services and Digital Services in response to increasing demand from our clients for support in these areas.
ERM’s Malaysia office is both an international and locally recognized EHS consultancy in Malaysia. Our operations are ISO 9001:2008 certified and we have established a Quality Management System to ensure service excellence in all our projects. We are registered and authorized by PETRONAS, the Ministry of Finance, the Department of Environment and Department of Occupational Safety and Health.
What You Will Do
Provide technical assistance on safety and risk projects involving risk analysis, modeling, calculations, and other studies.
Perform robust technically sound analysis based on reasoned argument and defensible data/information. Typical analysis and studies include:
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) models using Excel spreadsheets.
- Fire and explosion modeling using CFD or empirical tools.
- Gas and smoke dispersion modeling using CFD or empirical tools.
- Risk calculations (e.g., probability of unfortunate events occurring).
- Non-flammable hazard analysis.
- Escape, Temporary Refuge, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (ETRERA) for off-shore facilities.
- Safety Critical Element/Systems Analysis.
- Pipeline risk assessments.
- Cost/benefit analysis.
- Safety integrity level (SIL) studies.
Suggest improvements/changes to design to reduce risk or improve operations. Participate in safety workshops (i.e., HAZIDS, HAZOPS, ALARP), including workshop preparation, scribe, and client reporting. Attend client meeting and preparation of proposal.
Prepare safety cases, including facility descriptions, safety management system descriptions, and formal safety assessment summaries. Prepare high-quality reports with clear diagrams and fully explained analysis and calculations.
Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables. Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science; Master’s degree and/or professional registration is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience with relevant experience and projects under a variety of local, regional and national regulatory standards.
- Fresh graduates encouraged to apply!
- Possess strong written, verbal communication and data presentation skills in both Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm