Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
The Global Product Verification & Test team is responsible for performance test activities related to both software and hardware for all product categories, designed and developed by Dyson.
Whether you join us for an Industrial Training or a 3 months internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. Depending on your skills and experiences you could be contributing toward the development of test methods and rigs, simulation and verification testing to providing support during Mass Production manufacturing.
What You Will Do
Some of your tasks could include:
- Owning and supporting test activities across categories.
- Developing and executing test methods.
- Developing and testing algorithms to ensure electronics, software and hardware integration.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation.
- Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs.
- Solving engineering challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Dyson’s unique products.
You’ll also be interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers and mechanical and software engineers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start, so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards an Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Software Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks from December 2020 to February 2021.
- Be graduating in August 2021.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Mechatronics,...
- Closing Date:17th Sep 2020, 6:00 pm