Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
Join us as a graduate engineer and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
In MDC’s Technology Development Floorcare functional teams, you will experience the fast-paced project handling process. The Functional Teams consist of multiple disciplines - Motor & Pickup Systems (MPS), Separation Systems (SS), and Integration Systems (IS). In functional teams, we ensure project deliverables in each discipline are closed in timely manner and reported to stakeholders.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go. Working as part of a larger project team in the Floorcare category, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Conceptualizing, developing and proposing design changes to optimize product performance.
- Creating analytic tools and/or models that could help to make analysis lean or solve specific problems.
- Exposure to different test methods to verify product’s performance and systems engineering approach used in technology development team.
- Gather available data and analyze to find out root cause of problems and solve the problem.
- Integrate into the day-to-day operation of the team.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise.
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honors or above and studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Graduating in Q3 2022.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extracurricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:5th May 2022, 6:00 pm