Our Prototyping department is responsible for rapid prototyping operations to produce parts required for technology research and products.
We are looking for an apprentice to join us for a 2-year programme in our Dyson Malaysia Development Centre based in Senai, Johor.
This is an in-laboratory position and on-the-job training will be provided. You can expect to be involved in Core Prototyping Operations such as:
- Additive Manufacturing (Rapid Prototyping).
- Advanced Machining and Machineries.
- Silicon Rubber Moulding (Vacuum Casting).
- Finishing and Engineering Model Making.
- Filter Prototyping.
- Prototype Rig Build.
What You Will Do
As an apprentice, you’ll be learning from industry experts and gaining invaluable exposure to the inner workings of Dyson. Once immersed in the Product Prototyping Department you’ll find yourself supporting multiple RDD project teams with their varied requirements.
Your tasks may include:
- Carrying out the assigned duties and following the target delivery schedule in a timely and professional manner, to the highest quality standards while adhering to required processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- Managing the daily maintenance check list and ensuring all equipment in the lab is in good working condition.
- Arranging delivery, receiving, packing, unpacking and checking all prototype parts, rigs and samples.
- Conducting Quality Checking SOP - carry out sampling check for each prototype to ensure quality of prototypes is within the required tolerances.
- Performing machines/equipment preventive maintenance schedule / plan.
- Carrying out inventory control and Schedule Waste Maintenance.
- Practicing good housekeeping to ensure working area is clean, tidy and in order.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation and teamwork skills to contribute to the prototyping team.
You’ll need to be/have:
- Fresh diploma or higher diploma graduate in a Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related disciplines such as Industrial Design.
- Able to start by September 2021.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge and hands-on practical skills to solve problems.
- Basic working experience in advanced and prototyping engineering will be an advantage.
- Able to understand and/or interpret 3D CADCAM modelling, mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters.
- An understanding of plastic or metal part design and process.
- Plan and manage time effectively and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines and customer requirements.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly with a good understanding of team specific activities.
- Familiar with Microsoft suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Strong proficiency in Mathematics would be advantageous.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Able to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:18th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm