This position sits within the Measurement & Analysis Capability (MAC) Group, part of Dyson’s world class Research, Design and Development (RDD) department. We enhance the development of new technologies across all Dyson product categories by practicing a blend of software, mechanical and electrical/electronic expertise to innovate full-stack platforms or tools for data acquisition, data analysis or research that is used by Dyson engineers globally.
We regularly use Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, and National Instruments hardware. We write software in Python, LabVIEW, and C; we design mechanical components and fixtures; we design custom PCBAs; and sometimes work with external suppliers to deliver measurement and analysis capabilities.
The MAC Group also engages in the development of cutting edge multi-disciplinary product technologies like the dust detection feature in our V15 vacuum, where our inter-disciplinary skillset helps to bring an idea to fruition.
What You Will Do
About the role
- Deliver measurement and analysis capabilities that meet specifications and requirements
- Apply multi-disciplinary skills and knowledge to generate ideas, solve problems and offer solutions to technical challenges
- Collaborate with engineers and specialists from a wide variety of technical disciplines to deliver objectives
- Build effective working relationships with other teams globally
- Liaise with external suppliers to define and deliver objectives
Required Skills and Abilities
You could be a good fit for our team if you are:
- Passionate about problem solving and good design
- Always challenging the status quo, coming up with solutions to difficult problems
- Constantly tinkering and investigating new technologies as a hobby
- Curious, eager to learn, and unafraid to venture into the unknown
- Highly driven, enjoy challenges and strive to get the best results
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strong bachelor degree in a relevant technical discipline (computer science, data science, electrical/electronics, mechanical, mechatronics engineering, etc.)
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent collaboration and inter-personal skills
Owing to the wide range of applied skillsets in our team, the skillsets listed below would be advantageous but not required. Most importantly, we’re looking for passion or interest.
- Application of cloud computing, IoT platforms and fleet management tools like Google Cloud Platform, InfluxDB, Balena and Docker
- Mechanical design of test and measurement systems consisting of metallic and plastic components
- Familiarity with machining, injection moulding, and rapid prototyping processes
- Electrical systems, electronic circuit and PCBA design
- Familiarity with agile practices and Atlassian tools
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts and tools
- Data acquisition knowledge and techniques especially using National Instruments products
- Selection and application of measurement instruments and sensors (optical, inductive, ultrasonic etc.)
- Selection and application of actuators and motion control hardware (VFDs, servo and stepper motors, linear actuators, etc.)
- Knowledge and application of control systems
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Please upload your (1) detailed resume and (2) latest academic transcript (all semesters inclusive) in a single file together with your online application.
Please note that you should only indicate interest to one graduate position as multiple submissions will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2022, 3:59 pm