This position sits within the Measurement & Analysis Capability (MAC) Group, part of a highly creative and dynamic Global Technology Development (GTD) department that drives the performance of Dyson products to the edge of what’s possible.
The MAC Group enhances the development of new technologies across all Dyson product categories by delivering advanced measurement and analysis capabilities (i.e., automated sensing systems, data acquisition and processing software, remote data logging and visualization solutions, etc.).
We practice a blend of software, mechanical and electrical/electronic expertise to innovate full-stack platforms for research or product development that is used by Dyson engineers all over the world. We regularly work with Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, and hardware from National Instruments. We write software in Python, LabVIEW, and C; we design mechanical components and fixtures; we design custom PCBAs; and sometimes work with external suppliers to deliver measurement and analysis capabilities. The MAC Group also engages in the development of cutting edge multi-disciplinary product technologies, where our inter-disciplinary skillset helps to bring an idea to fruition.
What You Will Do
The role of the Graduate Measurement & Analysis Capability Engineer will be interesting and varied and he/she will spend most of his/her time conceptualizing, designing, and implementing measurement and/or analysis systems.
The Graduate Measurement & Analysis Capability Engineer should have a solid foundation in either software, mechanical or electrical/electronic fields, with a strong interest and curiosity in learning and harnessing the power of their combined application.
- Deliver measurement and analysis capabilities that meet specifications and requirements.
- Apply multi-disciplinary skills and knowledge to generate ideas, solve problems and offer solutions to technical challenges.
- Collaborate with engineers and specialists from a wide variety of technical disciplines to deliver objectives.
- Build effective working relationships with other teams globally.
- Liaise with external suppliers to define and deliver objectives.
- Communicate and document progress or technical information in verbal and written forms.
- Contribute to the advancement of the team/department.
- Adhere to best practices in the team.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
But it’s not just about technical expertise - You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 2nd upper-class Honor's or above in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical, Mechatronics or a related discipline.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Always challenging the status quo, coming up with solutions to difficult problems.
- Constantly tinkering and investigating new technologies as a hobby.
- Curious, eager to learn, and unafraid to venture into the unknown.
- Highly driven, enjoy challenges and strive to get the best results.
The exact mix of skills and knowledge you bring is expected to vary based on your background. All of the below are desirable, but you’re not expected to fit everything (although it would be great if you did!). Most importantly, we’re looking for passion or interest in:
- Application of cloud computing, IoT platforms and fleet management tools like Google Cloud Platform, InfluxDB, Balena and Docker.
- Mechanical design of test and measurement systems consisting of metallic and plastic components.
- Familiarity with machining, injection molding, and rapid prototyping processes.
- Electrical systems, electronic circuits and PCBA design.
- Familiarity with agile practices and Atlassian tools.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts and tools.
- Data acquisition knowledge and techniques, especially using National Instruments products.
- Selection and application of measurement instruments and sensors (optical, inductive, ultrasonic etc.).
- Selection and application of actuators and motion control hardware (VFDs, servand stepper motors, linear actuators, etc.).
- Knowledge and application of control systems.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it is an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognize that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm