Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
Whether you join us for an Industrial training or a 3 months internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects in the Environmental Care or Lighting and Professional categories. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
What You Will Do
Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production.
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterization and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honour’s or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Design Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks and graduating in August 2021.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:27th Sep 2020, 6:00 pm