You will be heavily involved in the design and development of appliances within an international company.
This will span from the evaluation of new technologies through the implementation of the final model. This is a busy, responsible and demanding position which offers a large scope of self-improvement opportunities.
You must be highly motivated and able to demonstrate both academic and creative excellence in either a mechanical / electrical / mechatronic or product design environment.
Talent and drive for design excellence is as equally important as experience in this innovative company.
Required Skills and Abilities
Person Specification / Core Competencies:
- We need exceptionally creative and thinking to help us shape the future design and performance of household appliances.
- A passion for engineering and problem solving.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritize tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge and understanding of fundamental physical theories and general engineering principles.
- A creative problem solver who is intellectually sharp.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project teams, managers and directors as required.
- Good analytical ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
- Able to specify experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarizing findings and making recommendations.
- Understand test procedures and test equipment.
- Have a good knowledge of plastic part manufacturing and assembly process.
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Confident personality.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing and challenging environment.
- Possess a good working knowledge of technical software such as CAD, Minitab, FEA, Moldflow.
- Able to specify details or understand details requirement for design feature, assembly or material selection.
- Working knowledge of excel word and power point.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Senai.
- Full-Time positions available.
- Good Degree (2.5 and higher) qualified in a Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or Design or Science discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a design & development environment or product development environment.
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Self-starter, energetic, keen to learn.
- Flexible in approach.
- Diligent, thorough, realistic.
- Experience of domestic product R&D would be an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics) would be an advantage.
- A thorough knowledge of materials, processes and related manufacturing techniques.
- Electro/Mechanical interface knowledge is desirable.
- For fresh graduates - A design and development project/topic as a final year project will be an advantage - Please bring project paper or related design development portfolio during the interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Design and User Experience, Engineering, Engineering...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm