Due to a significant expansion in activities, the Global Power Electronics & Energy Storage Development Team is looking to establish a new laboratory located at its Malaysian Development Centre.
To support this activity, we are now recruiting Engineers with specific expertise in the testing and development of products containing Li-ion cells and batteries.
As part of the wider Global Engineering & Operations Group, successful candidates will have the opportunity to work across different product categories and with teams from a range of engineering disciplines (Power Electronics, Electronics, Mechanical & Product Design, Procurement, Compliance etc.).
Level dependent, Engineers will have responsibility for the integration, performance evaluation and delivery of energy storage technologies across numerous complex products and systems.
What You Will Do
Depending on your experience level, on a day-to-day basis you would be expected to demonstrate the following capabilities and take part in and/or lead the following activities:
- Verification and qualification testing of new cells and energy storage solutions.
- Designing, implementing and delivering test plans that further our understanding of cell degradation under product conditions and consumer usage scenarios.
- Partnering with development teams to translate product level goals into cell and pack level performance targets; responsible for defining technical requirements and feasible deliverables.
- Concept development & top-level scheduling of project plans.
- Fault-finding & Root cause analysis of issues.
- Mentor and ambassador for group – working with teams in based both the UK and SEA as the subject matter expert on Batteries & Energy Storage Technologies.
- Supplier management.
- Review work completed by others and where appropriate, be prepared to provide guidance and mentoring support to team members.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You should hold a degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (2:1 or above is desirable).
- Ideally, we would like candidates to hold a master’s degree or PhD, again in a relevant field – but a postgraduate qualification is not essential, especially if you have industrial experience instead.
- You should also have at thorough knowledge and understanding of Battery Technologies, especially Li-Ion, their fundamental electrochemical processes and their application in product environments.
- Notwithstanding the above, we are also happy to consider applications from Graduates, providing you can demonstrate that you have a strong interest to work in Battery Development.
- Capability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists in the field of Batteries and Electrochemistry will also be an essential skill set (you will be asked to demonstrate your presentation and communication skills as part of the interview process).
For more the more experienced positions:
- You should be a proficient user of industry standard battery cyclers e.g., Maccor, Arbin, Bitrode, Solartron, Biologic etc. (Maccor experience is preferred).
- We would also like you to have experience using and developing models that enable performance and lifetime predictions, although this is not essential.
- A working understanding of Battery Management Hardware and Embedded Battery Management Software is also desirable.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm