Join our team as we strive to make life easier for our Business Units.
Your decision to join us as a Graduate Trainee with DHL IT Service will provide you with everything you need; from receiving practical learning opportunities to building and running IT solutions and infrastructure for our business units.
You will be trained to be the best in your area of specialization, and you could gain the knowledge of different functions and businesses and optimize your talents and skills. There is no limit to the opportunities we offer–from software programming, software testing, consulting, project management, solution support to service desk.
The choice is yours!
Create your future by joining our Graduate Trainee Program where you will have the opportunity to work on a full-time contract position for 18 months. Upon successful completion of the program, you stand a chance to be shortlisted for exciting job opportunities based on your career aspirations, your performance and also on business needs and available vacancies.
We have almost 1,000 employees for Application Build with over 400 software engineers in DHL IT Services worldwide. To raise the bar and keep track of our software development quality, we always aim to develop better software by constantly introducing key new features to help ensure our code fulfils the requirements business expects.
What You Will Do
- Assist in resolving issues of minor significance.
- Help to liaise with other internal departments or project teams for completion of project deliverables.
- Apply standard methodologies when creating new programs and applications (developing and coding from specifications) or when maintaining existing ones.
- Assist in customizing Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) based on pre-determined parameters and executes customizing tests.
- Document work using the required standards, methods and tools e.g., produce program and system documentation.
- Work with team/ colleagues to ensure plans, processes and activity are aligned to customer needs.
- Actively share knowledge or experience with others.
- Provide additional support when colleagues require time away to attend training/ development programs.
- Convey consistent stated personal values through actions and decisions.
- Apply data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components.
- Design, code, test, correct, and document simple programs, and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
Applications You will Use:
Required Skills and Abilities
If you are highly motivated, creative and desire to start and develop your IT career in a fast-paced environment, you have come to the right place! We welcome fresh graduates and postgraduates from top technical and non-technical universities.
We will need you to possess the following essential qualities and skills:
- Recognized Degree in IT; Computer Science; Software Engineering, Finance, Business Information Technology or relevant fields.
- Above 3.0 CGPA / Second Class upper (Hons).
- Less than 1 year of working experience.
- Highly self-motivated team player with good analytical and conceptual thinking, results-driven initiative and good negotiation skills.
- All rounded individual with a deep interest in IT industry who enjoys challenges and strives to work with professionals in IT industry globally.
- Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge, good in problem-solving, contribution and leadership.
- Eagerness to take responsibility over complex processes and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Have UX experience and a flair for graphic design/work is a plus.
- Passion for developing high-quality software.
- Well versed with all quality procedures - Strong understanding of process flow and integration points.
- Well acquainted with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Good Java know-how combined with knowledge of current frameworks.
- Exposure or working knowledge of any graphic design tools e.g. Adobe Key Job Scope a. Create e-Learning modules using Articulate 360.
- Training will be provided to Create / Update / Revise e-learning content material (Story board) b. Develop storyboards, images, graphics and scripts for e-learning materials using Adobe c. Conduct testing of the completed eLearning modules.
If you are up to the challenge, contact us today and we will ensure that you will have the experience of a lifetime.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:1st Jun 2022, 6:00 pm