Join our team as we strive to make life easier for our Business Units.
Your decision to join us as a Graduate Trainee with DHL IT Service will provide you with everything you need; from receiving practical learning opportunities to building and running IT solutions and infrastructure for our business units.
You will be trained to be the best in your area of specialization and you could gain the knowledge of different functions and businesses and optimizing your talents and skills. There are no limit to the opportunities we offer–from software programming, software testing, consulting, project management, solution support to service desk.
The choice is yours!
Create your future by joining our Graduate Trainee Program where you will have the opportunity to work on a full-time contract position for 18-months. Upon successful completion of the program, you stand a chance to be shortlisted for exciting job opportunities based on your career aspirations, your performance and also on business needs and available vacancies.
We have almost 1,000 employees for Application Build with over 400 software engineer in DHL IT Services worldwide. To raise the bar and keep track of our software development quality, we always aim to develop a better software by constantly introducing key new features to help ensure our code fulfills the requirements business expects.
What You Will Do
- Assist resolving issues of minor significance.
- Help to liaise with other internal departments or project teams for completion of project deliverables.
- Apply standard methodologies when creating new programs and applications (developing and coding from specifications) or when maintaining existing ones.
- Assist in customizing Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) based on pre-determined parameters, and executes customizing tests.
- Document work using the required standards, methods and tools e.g. produce program and system documentation.
- Work with team/ colleagues to ensure plans, processes and activity are aligned to customer needs.
- Actively share knowledge or experience with others.
- Provide additional support when colleagues require time away to attend training/ development programs.
- Convey consistent stated personal values through actions and decisions.
- Apply data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components.
- Design, code, test, correct, and document simple programs, and assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
Applications you will use:
- Technology/Languages - Informix 4GL, XML, Python, C, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, Jasper.
- DBMS - Informix Dynamic Server 11.x, Oracle 11x.
- Middleware - JAVA API, MQ, Web methods, ETL tools, WebLogic.
- Advantage - APAMA, OpenText, Microservices.
Required Skills and Abilities
If you are highly motivated, creative and desire to start and develop your IT career in a fast-paced environment, you have come to the right place! We welcome fresh graduates and post graduates from top technical and non-technical universities.
We will need you to possess the following essential qualities and skills:
- Recognized Degree in IT; Computer Science; Software Engineering, Finance, Business Information Technology or relevant fields.
- Above 3.0 CGPA / Second Class upper (Hons).
- Less than 1-yearof working experience.
- Highly self-motivated team player with good analytical and conceptual thinking, results-driven with initiative and good negotiation skills.
- All rounded individual with a deep interest in IT industry who enjoys challenges and strive to work with professionals in IT industry globally.
- Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge, good in problem-solving, contribution and leadership.
- Eagerness to take responsibility over complex processes and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Experience in self-initiated projects.
- Basic programming skills in any programming language.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Engineering...
- Closing Date:25th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm