Graduate Trainee - Application Support- Finance/Business
We offer a full-time contract position via our Graduate Trainee Program.
It is an 18-month journey which provides you with hands-on work experience within DHL IT Services.
We are pleased to equip you with the knowledge of different functions and businesses and optimizing your talents and skills.
Upon successful completion of the program, you stand a chance to be shortlisted for exciting job opportunities based on your career aspirations, your performance and also on business needs and available vacancies.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required.
We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
What You Will Do
- Ensure all applications are fully operational and well above acquired Service Level commitments.
- Work on 3 rotation shifts (morning, noon and midnight) to keep the business running.
- Deal with people both on a business and IT level and act as the technical point of contact to resolve their application and systems issues that disrupt the service they depend upon.
APPLICATIONS YOU WILL USE:
- Unix / Linux command.
- Shell Scripting.
- Oracle SQL.
Required Skills and Abilities
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
If you are highly motivated, creative and desire to start and develop your IT career in a fast-paced environment, you have come to the right place!
We welcome fresh graduates and postgraduates from top technical and non-technical universities.
We will need you to possess the following essential qualities and skills:
- Recognized Degree in IT; Computer Science; Software Engineering, Finance, Business Information Technology or relevant fields.
- Above 3.0 CGPA / Second Class upper (Hons).
- Less than 1 year working experience.
- Basic knowledge of Unix /Linux based systems but has to show interest in this area of expertise.
- Basic Database skills + SQL (Informix, Oracle).
- Basic programming skills in any programming language.
- Basic Microsoft Windows OS operation.
- Highly self-motivated team player with good analytical and conceptual thinking, results-driven initiative and good negotiation skills.
- All rounded individual with a deep interest in IT industry who enjoys challenges and strives to work with professionals in IT industry globally.
- Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge, good in problem-solving, contribution and leadership.
- Eagerness to take responsibility over complex processes and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written English (Further languages are a plus: Mandarin & German).
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S):
- Experience in self-initiated projects.
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure.
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications.
- A multicultural environment in modern offices.
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad-hoc).
- Smart casual everyday.
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL.
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical.
- Home office possibilities.
DHL IT Services – About Us:
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users.
- Runs more than 7700 servers.
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications.
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day.
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:22nd Mar 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.