We offer a full-time contract position via our Graduate Trainee Program. It is an 18-month journey which provides you with hands-on work experience within DHL IT Services. We are pleased to equip you with the knowledge of different functions and businesses and optimizing your talents and skills. Upon successful completion of the program, you stand a chance to be shortlisted for exciting job opportunities based on your career aspirations, your performance and on business needs and available vacancies.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable the business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required. We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
What You Will Do
- Ensure all applications are fully operational and well above acquired Service Level commitments.
- Manage and resolve all tickets within the agreed target resolution times (TRT) and also ensure that all incidents dealt with are according to incident management best practices.
- Work on 3 rotation shifts (morning, noon and midnight) to keep the business running.
- Deal with people both on a business and IT level and act as the technical point of contact to resolve their application and systems issues that disrupt the service, they depend upon.
Applications You Will Use:
- Unix / Linux command.
- Shell Scripting.
- Oracle SQL / MSSQL / Teradata.
- Red-Hat OpenShift.
- Windows Server.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Required Skills and Abilities
If you are highly motivated, creative and desire to start and develop your IT career in a fast-paced environment, you have come to the right place! We welcome fresh graduates and postgraduates from top technical and non-technical universities.
We will need you to possess the following essential qualities and skills:
- Recognized Degree in IT; Computer Science; Software Engineering, Finance, Business Information Technology or relevant fields.
- Above 3.0 CGPA / Second Class upper (Hons).
- Less than 1-yearworking experience.
- Basic knowledge of Unix /Linux based systems but has to show interest in this area of expertise.
- Basic Database skills + SQL (Informix, Oracle).
- Basic programming skills in any programming language.
- Basic Microsoft Windows OS operation.
- Highly self-motivated team player with good analytical and conceptual thinking, results-driven with initiative and good negotiation skills.
- All rounded individual with a deep interest in IT industry who enjoys challenges and strive to work with professionals in IT industry globally.
- Able to quickly absorb professional knowledge, good in problem-solving, contribution and leadership.
- Eagerness to take responsibility over complex processes and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written English (Further languages are a plus - Mandarin & German).
- Experience in self-initiated projects.
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm