What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talent like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential.
We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for?
Join the winning team now.
What You Will Do
Objectives of the Position:
Provide Engagement Management (Sales & Distribution) and Accounts Receivable transaction processing support to deliver Engagement Management and Accounts Receivable (EM & AR) services to Local Country in accordance with established EM & AR processes and work procedures and in compliance with Firm policies and procedures; and relevant legal and statutory requirements.
Ensure that timelines and quality meet the agreed service levels and targets.
- To perform Engagement Management and Accounts Receivable invoices, collections and day-to-day transaction processing and ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness on a daily basis.
- Report on overdue invoices, initiate the dunning process and generate reminders for overdue accounts, and provide for bad debts.
- Monitor and reconcile direct bank credits.
- Prepare customer statement of accounts.
- Process collections from customers, process debit and credit notes.
- Liaise with the Local Country on customer issues.
- To accurately process all Engagement Management and Accounts Receivable transactions within the given time frame, i.e. entered into SAP or rejected according to the established process and procedures.
- To ensure the accuracy and the completeness of the transaction processed.
- To attend to Shared Services Centre (SSC) communication channels e.g. email.
- To monitor and process the urgent request before specified deadline.
- Perform other duties as and when delegated i.e. back-up function, business process improvement initiatives and ad-hoc projects.
- Resolve Local Country queries related to statement of accounts, invoices and collection information on timely basis.
Service Management and Continuous Improvement:
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Review backlog and cycle time reports to improve process flow times.
- Minimize number of transaction escalations by ensuring all transactions are processed within agreed service timelines.
- Ensure queries from Local Countries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner.
Leadership and Cooperation:
Professional Guidance / Multiple Reporting Lines:
- Follow the Firm guidelines; accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements.
Frequent Cooperation within the Firm:
- Counterparts in Local Country and other SSC Finance teams.
- Team Lead, Senior Analyst and peer team members.
- SEA management team.
Frequent Cooperation outside the Firm:
- Work closely with auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the Job:
- Work is regularly supervised.
Your Role as a Leader:
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A recognized Diploma or Degree in Finance & Accounting.
- Working experience in Finance SSC using SAP System is desirable.
- Recognizes and/or articulates knowledge and understanding of Engagement Management (Sales & Distribution) and Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions.
- Has been trained and/or brief exposure in accounting transactions. Understands basic accounting terminology and able to articulate the concept in day-to-day work.
- Has experience in using MS office tools (MS Word and MS Excel). Understands basic concepts and application of the tool in day-to-day use.
- Reads, writes and speaks fluent English and one of the following languages - Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:16th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm