We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer on our Product Services team in Bayan Lepas, Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What You’ll Achieve:
This role is to support customer's enquiries, complaints, and technical diagnosis & troubleshoot via email/telephone, computer systems, software systems within standard time frames. Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and provide excellent follow-up. Displays excellent communication skills and works effectively with customers from various cultural backgrounds who have varied levels of technical knowledge. Answer and handle customer inquiries, complaints and 1st level escalations from customers. Responsible for setting realistic customer expectations, and meeting or exceeding these expectations.
What You Will Do
- Diagnosis, troubleshoot and responds to customer technical problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking via e-mail / chat, online, social media and phone.
- Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical service or care issues.
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls / contacts.
- Escalation of issues to the Product Support team and / or Technical Support Manager in order to resolve the issue to the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Analytical, articulate, result-oriented and provide excellent follow-up.
- Identifies, researches and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Maintain accurate call logging and tracking into Helpdesk database.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse range of people with varying levels of technical understanding and ability in international environment.
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Computer Science / IT related discipline with at least 1-year related working experience.
- Advance Diploma/Diploma holders in Computer Science / IT related discipline with a minimum of 3 years working experience in providing direct support to end-users either in customer service / field engineering or corporate help desk are also encouraged to apply.
- Fresh graduates with related field of studies are also encouraged to apply.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English, Tagalog Language is a MUST.
- Possesses understanding and technical ability for Computers, Hardware and Software Troubleshooting.
- Those with professional certification from Microsoft / Red Hat / Novell will have an added advantage.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm