Our Inventory Management team’s mission is to drive inventory assurance, optimization, accountability, and proactively manage risk end-to-end across the supply chain.
This team collaborates with stakeholders to give an end-to-end view of the supply chain and ensure the business has the inventory it needs to lead the Digital Transformation.
Join us as an intern of Inventory Management in Penang, Malaysia to do the best work of your career and make a profound impact.
What You Will Do
What you’ll achieve:
- As an intern of Inventory Management, you will be responsible for driving inventory assurance, optimization, accountability and proactive risk management across the Global Operations supply chain.
- You will develop a strong financial acumen, deepen your understanding of the supply chain and have a direct influence on inventory outcomes and optimizing working capital.
- You will also have access to cutting-edge technology by working closely with the data analytics team to implement Global Operations’ new digital automation tools.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build relationships and influence across GO with cross-functional visibility and partnership with leadership in Procurement, Planning, Logistics and Finance. We are dedicated to developing talent, and we will invest in team members with strong financial acumen, data analytics skills and a proven ability to lead change management initiatives across multiple lines of business.
From this role, team members have completed leadership rotations to drive high visibility projects and gain experience developing others or advanced within Global Operations to other roles in Supply Chain Planning or Data Analytics & Automation.
- Drive inventory visibility, assurance, optimization and end-to-end governance to proactively see around corners, raise issues and mitigate risk.
- Identify the root cause of inventory variances and coordinate actions.
- Determine areas for process improvement through innovative digital solutions.
- Establish and drive end-to-end inventory control governance, policies and procedures and alignment with stakeholders.
- Support Dell’s Digital Transformation.
Required Skills and Abilities
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s in Business Mathematic, Big Data Analytic, Statistics, Management Mathematics with Computing, Operation management, or other applicable fields.
- Good in analytical skills.
- Good in computer skill (esp. Excel, Access) & good to possess fundamental Programming knowledge (e.g., VBA).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive for results and problem solving.
- Self-directed and independent when completing business objectives.
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and data analytic/visualization tools like Power BI will be a plus.
- Able to join us by Feb/March 2023 (with 4 – 6 months).
Our Dell Global Operations team operates one of the largest end-to-end supply chains in the world. Through innovation and operational excellence, we help Dell Technologies grow and win in the data era – and the integrity, ingenuity and expertise of our team is at work every step of the way.
We deliver Dell’s innovative technology and services portfolio with industry-leading scale and supply chain capabilities, creating an inclusive workplace where team members can reach their full potential.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2022, 6:00 pm