Continental's values are Trust, Passion To Win, Freedom To Act, and For One Another. Together with our vision and mission, our values stand for our drive and the way we work together.
As the Product Development Engineer, you will support the development of commercial truck & bus tires within the company’s Truck Tires business for the Asia Pacific region. You will be part of our truck tires Research & Development (R&D) team and will play a key role in product development that interfaces with Manufacturing Plants, Sales & Marketing Teams, at the various local market entities within the region.
You will get the unique opportunity to build market understanding and support with feasibility studies of newly developed products. You would be at the helm in validating new technologies and industrialization of new and transferred products from one market entity to another.
You will also be key in ensuring that the development of our truck tires is within the production planning framework with regards to quality, cost, complexity and timing.
What You Will Do
- Ensure Product Development for Truck/Bus Tires for the APAC region in cooperation with Marketing and Sales.
- Develop new technologies within an international and diverse team.
- Use established Continental methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe.
- Ensure the production release and production start of new products in close cooperation with the relevant departments in the manufacturing plant, logistics and R&D.
- Ensure successful industrialization according to manufacturing capabilities.
- Establish technical market understanding for the APAC region based on focus areas for marketing and sales.
- Support technical benchmarking activities for the APAC region.
- Ensure product performance improvement based on market feedback.
- Fulfillment of standards and regulations for the APAC region.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree/Masters from a recognized university, with a minimum CGPA of 3.30 or the equivalent.
- Engineering or Science discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry.
- Significant working experience in the area of R&D/Product Development or Product Management, as well as fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong proficiency in English, with good communication and interpersonal skills to successfully blend into a multi-national and multi-cultural working environment.
- You’re driven, confident and ambitious. You take responsibility and accountability and are willing to take on a challenge.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to apply statistical tool, analysis and technique for problem root cause analysis and provide tangible solution for decision making.
- Project management abilities, with tenacity to accomplish delivery in multi-functional teams.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:29th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm